ECommerce Marketing in 2020
Expert Tips For How to Improve ECommerce Marketing in 2020
It’s 2020, and the future is here (as well as Coronavirus). While you may have created your Ecommerce website by yourself with Shopify or another out-of-the-box web design tool, you simply can’t go without an Ecommerce marketing agency in our ever-changing online environment. Marketing is part art, part science, and when it comes to marketing your Ecommerce site, it requires a lot of technical knowledge about search engines. Marketing in 2020 also requires you to be especially aware of the unique opportunities created for online retailers in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic.
As an Ecommerce marketing agency and Ecommerce marketing experts, we’ve put together this blog post to share our best tips for marketing your website.
Always Run PPC Ads
PPC ads (pay-per-click ads) are a great way to drive traffic to your online retail website. While the most common PPC ads are on Google and YouTube, you can also run campaigns on Bing or on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram and even on mobile devices.
In general, here are a few different types of PPC ads that you can choose from:
- Paid search ads, which is when you bid on keywords. When someone searches those keywords and you win a bid, your ad is displayed on the search results page.
- Display ads, which are shown on websites related to the keywords you have bid on, or are part of a remarketing campaign.
- Product Listing ads, such as Google Shopping ads or Bing Shopping ads, which are perfect for eCommerce sites like yours.
Choosing all the settings for these ads, however, is an extremely technical task. In fact, there are people who spend their entire careers focused on search engine marketing! Trust us, you want to be working with an ecommerce marketing agency like ours for all your PPC ads to achieve the best ROI.
Your Website Must Be Search Engine Optimized (SEO) or It Won’t Be Discovered
In addition to paid traffic, you want your website to be found organically. But your site will never rank on Google if you aren’t deploying the most current SEO trends.
SEO is an entire sector of marketing that is entirely focused on getting web pages to rank highly on search engines like Google. Current things that help web pages rank include:
- Using quality keywords throughout your webpage copy.
- Optimizing web elements like title tags, image descriptions, and meta tags.
- Creating a content marketing campaign that incorporates popular search terms related to your brand or product, such as a blog campaign.
Whether you need our help with web copy, content marketing, or something else, our Ecommerce marketing agency can fulfill all your SEO needs.
Make Sure You Have Social Proof Including Positive Reviews
It used to be that if you wanted to find a new product or service, you’d ask your friends and family. In 2020, that’s all changed.
New research shows that in 2020, 84% of people trust online reviews from complete strangers just as much as they trust the recommendations of their actual friends and family whom they know in real life. This news is great if you’ve got a 5-star rating on your Google My Business page. This is not-so-great news if your Google My Business is only filled with complaints, or perhaps even worse, has no feedback at all.
In E-commerce marketing, reviews fall under the umbrella of social proof. Social proof encompasses a wide variety of feedback from real users of your products or services that other online retail shoppers use to make a purchasing decision.
The type of social proof that your customers may consider include:
- Reviews and ratings posted on your website, social media sites, and your Google My Business page.
- Professional organizations that your business is a member of that you display on your website.
- Awards you’ve won and mention on your website
- Big press hits in major publications and websites that you showcase on your website, such as “As Seen in INC.”
- Recommendations from social media Influencers who are relevant to your brand.
As an Ecommerce marketing agency, we can help you put together a plan to gather more social proof. Our work together may include:
- Creating an incentive program for customers to leave an honest review of your product or service, and automating the request of these reviews.
- Submitting your company, products, and services for industry-recognized or consumer awards.
- Running a public relations campaign to increase media coverage of your Ecommerce website.
- Working with social media Influencers, such as on Instagram, to give your brand a lift.
Ecommerce Marketing in the Age of Coronavirus
With more people working from home and taking breaks to surf the Internet, or helping their kids do school virtually, there’s never been a better time than now to be running Ecommerce marketing campaigns. Internet traffic is up in 2020, which means that despite the challenges the economy has undergone this year, the Internet is still ripe with people who may be casually browsing online, but whom you can also quickly convert into customers when you present them with compelling content, messages, and social proof.
As an Ecommerce marketing agency, we’ve been diligently studying pandemic Ecommerce marketing. We know insider tips and tricks to help convert casual browsers who may be taking a break in between Zoom calls into paying customers.
Trust us, you don’t want to let 2020’s unique Ecommerce marketing opportunities pass you by.
Call Our Ecommerce Marketing Experts for Help with Your Campaigns
If you’re not yet working with an Ecommerce marketing agency, you need to be. 2020 is the most technically advanced year we’ve ever experienced, as well as a high Internet traffic year due to COVID-19 shutdowns. You don’t want to trust your Ecommerce marketing efforts to just anyone, and you definitely don’t want to go it alone without the help of Ecommerce marketing experts like us.
To start and implement an Ecommerce marketing strategy, call our agency to begin a discussion on your website’s unique needs. We can be reached at (214) 295-5845.
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “ECommerce Marketing in 2020” instead.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this blog into a video for you. Check it out below!