Magento vs. WooCommerce
Expert Tips For Magento vs. WooCommerce
Many people just like you who are launching eCommerce websites to sell online look for helpful blogs like this one to compare eCommerce tools. Should you use Magento, WooCommerce, or Shopify? Which platform offers the best eCommerce software?
To simplify things, in this blog post we’re going to focus on comparing Magento features to WooCommerce features, but check out our main blog page for other posts that discuss Shopify, too.
The Similarities Between Magento and Woo Commerce
Unlike Shopify, which is an out-of-the-box solution for launching eCommerce websites, both Magento and WooCommerce are more advanced eCommerce software solutions. Choosing either Magento or Woo Commerce will require those who want to sell online to have an internal resource who is technical and can configure their chosen eCommerce software to meet their specific needs, or engage with a marketing agency like ours to create their eCommerce websites for them.
Many entrepreneurs who want to sell online consider these two eCommerce software solutions for a variety of reasons, including:
- They are going to be creating eCommerce websites that are larger and sell more products online.
- They want to be able to customize more features of their eCommerce websites.
- They want more control and insights into their eCommerce websites.
Whatever your reason for wanting to compare eCommerce tools Magento and Woo Commerce, continue reading to learn about each of their unique features.
Key Magento Features
Magento comes as both a free open source edition and an Enterprise edition. Which option you’ll choose will depend on your unique needs for your eCommerce website.
Key Magento features that make it stand apart include:
- The Enterprise edition is highly-scalable, which makes it great for eCommerce websites whose business plans have them growing and growing.
- There’s a huge network of Magento developers and agencies like ours that specialize in building eCommerce websites powered by Magento, so you’ll easily be able to find resources to sell online using Magento.
- Even though it’s a customizable solution, there are several useful out-of-the-box features.
- If you plan to sell online to other businesses, you’ll love the Magento features focused on B2B eCommerce.
- Magento features let you input lots of product data info, which is important for eCommerce websites that are selling products online that have lots of technical specifications (especially for B2B eCommerce websites).
- Magento features provide you with strong order management tools, which makes tracking and fulfilling orders easier to manage.
- One of the most well-appreciated Magento features is that it makes accepting payments and shipping orders very easy, which is especially important for eCommerce websites with large volumes of orders to fulfil.
Key Woo Commerce Features
Woo Commerce is a WordPress plugin and the most commonly used eCommerce software solution. But just because so many other people use Woo Commerce, does that mean you should as well?
This eCommerce software platform has some great features for entrepreneurs who want to launch eCommerce websites and sell online. Key Woo Commerce features that make it a great solution for your online store include:
- It’s part of the WordPress universe, which means you have a seemingly endless amount of themes to choose from and WordPress experts, like our agency, to engage with to create your eCommerce website.
- It typically has a lower cost of ownership than Magento does.
- It’s easier to get started with than Magento because it has a lower learning curve.
- It’s a great eCommerce software tool for selling content, such as ebooks, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Woo Commerce has many free plugins available to enhance your eCommerce website even more.
Should You Choose Magento or Woo Commerce for Your eCommerce Website?
As you can see from the discussion above, both Magento features and Woo Commerce features are great. Which platform will be best to enable you to sell online will likely be a more subjective opinion, and highly dependent on who you choose to engage with to build your eCommerce presence.
Some experts specialize in Magento eCommerce websites. Others focus on building eCommerce websites powered by Woo Commerce. You may make a decision about the eCommerce software that you’ll use to power your online store simply after you’ve chosen an expert or agency to engage with.
We Can Build Both Magento and Woo Commerce Sites, and Help You Compare eCommerce Tools
At Agency Partner Interactive, we’re digital marketing experts who are knowledgeable about Magento features and Woo Commerce features. We don’t want to push you into choosing one eCommerce software solution over another, but rather help guide you through an evaluation of these platforms so you can compare eCommerce tools and choose the right one for your business.
When entrepreneurs come to us to build eCommerce websites, we first get to know their companies and what their online selling needs will be. For example, we want to know:
- Will you be selling B2B or B2C?
- How many products will you be selling?
- How many technical details do you need to explain about your products?
- What do you expect your daily web traffic to be?
- How many orders do you expect to receive daily?
- How much assistance will you need with order fulfilment and shipping?
- What payment processing solutions will you be using?
- What do you want the design of your eCommerce website to look like?
- How much control do you want over your eCommerce website?
By collecting answers to these important questions, we’re better able to understand your needs, help you compare eCommerce tools, and assist you in making a decision between Magento, Woo Commerce, or something else.
Contact Us To Get Ready to Sell Online
If you need to build eCommerce websites, our digital marketing agency is here to help you. We can assist with both the technical details of creating your online store, creating compelling and search engine optimized content for your website so it’ll rank highly on Google, and create beautiful images and videos to showcase your products to website visitors.
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “Magento vs. Woo Commerce” instead.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this blog into a video for you. Check it out below!