The Standard Guide To Using DevOps For Small Businesses
Tips From Professional Software Developers
Productivity is an integral part of any business. Every organization should strive to set and achieve strong productivity goals to increase the output of deliverable and boost revenue.
One way small businesses are increasing their productivity among their development and operations team is by using DevOps. In fact, 31% of small businesses are using are implementing DevOps across their Organization.
If you aren’t in this 31%, here’s how you can utilize DevOps to make your small business run smoother.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a set of efficient practices that bridges IT and Software Development operations to shorten the product development life cycle. DevOps is essential for providing the continuous delivery of top-quality software.
These practices help foster better communication and collaboration between operations and software development teams.
With quality being at the pinnacle of importance, the purpose of DevOps is to boost customer satisfaction and increase the speed of delivery through constant improvement and iteration.
What are the Benefits of Using DevOps
You may be wondering “DevOps sounds like an ideal strategy, but why should I invest my time and resources into implementing it for my small business?”
DevOps not only provides benefits you should want for your business, but it also has benefits your business won’t survive without.
These benefits include:
- Increased Turnaround Time – DevOps makes continuous software delivery simple while optimizing quicker turnaround times.
- More Project Flexibility – Since code is fragmented into smaller parts, participating teams can separate the project into groups to tackle at a later date.
- Enhanced Productivity – Through collaboration and communication outlined by DevOps, productivity goals can be easily achieved.
- Significant Stability – DevOps provides more stability to work environments through automation.
- Optimized ROI – DevOps helps participating teams to avoid wasting time on going back and forth, thus decreasing software costs and maximizing a net increase in profits.
For any business to thrive, strategies must be set in place to effectively boost productivity. With that said, let’s lay out a step-by-step guide for you to begin implementing DevOps for your small business.
How to Implement DevOps for Your Small Business
DevOps is a straightforward process, and it’s never been easier to get started putting the strategy in place for your small business. Here’s how you can get started.
- Identify the need for DevOps for your business. The benefits listed in this article are great selling points you can mention to your team, but focus on how the implementation of DevOps can benefit your customers.
- Break down DevOps for your team. You should demystify the concept of DevOps to reduce the resistance of accepting the strategy.
- Select Your Team of Learners. Begin the implementation process by selecting a group of risk-takers who are willing to learn the ropes of DevOps.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Determine the central objectives you would like to be completed by your DevOps team and reward your team if they complete them.
- Iterate and Continue. Refine your objectives and make changes if necessary to maximize the growth of your DevOps Strategy.
Do you need direction in how to begin your DevOps strategy for your small business? If so, Contact Us Today to receive a customized consultation session so we can help you take the next step in your business.
Not big on reading? That’s okay. Watch “The Standard Guide to Using DevOps for Small Businesses?” instead.
Using the power of Artificial Intelligence, we turned this Blog into a video for you. Check it out below!